Advanced Dental Technology for More Efficient, Comfortable, and Precise Care
The use of advanced technology is an important tool to protect your dental health and safety while offering the most accurate services, diagnoses, and treatments. Dr. Burton Gooch is committed to providing our patients with the highest standards of care, and utilizes advanced dental technology at our Birmingham practice to achieve this goal. From our CEREC® machine, which allows us to create customized crowns in just one visit, to digital x-rays, our in-office technologies can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile more quickly and more efficiently. Contact us today to book an appointment.
Featured Systems & Amenities
Dental technology refers to the use of advanced tools and systems that improve the efficiency of dental services. Dr. Gooch uses these technologies to enhance patient comfort and safety, while promoting more efficient visits and better patient education. By reducing procedure time and room for error, you can achieve your treatment goals through more cost-effective, timely means.
Our practice features a number of tools and systems that improve the quality of our care, including:
- Computer-aided Design/Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM): This state-of-the-art software allows Dr. Gooch to create precise designs and treatment plans, such as custom-fitted dental crowns with the use of a CEREC® machine, or guide precise implant placement.
- Cone Beam 3-D Imaging: This type of x-ray provides a 3-D image, rather than the 2-D image associated with conventional x-rays. During your appointment, you will rest your chin against a chin rest while the machine rotates around your head. The process takes only seconds.
- Digital X-Rays: Digital x-rays use a small, comfortable sensor that is placed in your mouth to record images. The sensor completes the x-ray, sending the image directly to a computer.
- Intraoral Cameras: With the use of a tiny wand, this camera is placed inside of your mouth, where Dr. Gooch can capture images in high definition and display them for you to view.
In addition to our in-office technologies, patients can receive convenient same-day reminders that they have an upcoming appointment by text and email.
Receiving dental care that utilizes advanced technology offers a number of benefits, including:
- Precise planning for procedures and surgeries
- Low levels of radiation
- Accurate diagnoses
- Reduced waste (for example: digital x-rays that do not require chemicals for film processing, or the use of film)
- Improved communication between the dentist and patient, thanks to improved imaging
- Early detection of oral cancer and other abnormalities for greater treatment success rates
- More efficient scheduling and appointment confirmation
Regardless of whether you are seeking general dentistry services, have restorative needs, and are interested in cosmetic enhancements, our technologies allow us to provide you with the highest quality care.
Schedule a Consultation Today
To learn more about how our dental technologies can enhance your smile and restore your oral health, contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gooch.
"I have never received such individual attention and care, from the moment I walked in the door through the entire cleaning and exam. A completely comfortable and satisfying experience. I look forward to having Dr. Gooch's team take care of my dental health for years to come."Amber L.