Gum Disease: Do You Have It?
By summer on February 10, 2014
If you only have a mild case of gum disease, it may be more difficult to detect it. For those who have healthy gums, they are firm and pink, dont bleed easily and they fit securely around your teeth. A mild case of gingivitis can end up causing:
- Gums that are swollen, red and tender
- Gums that easily bleed when you floss or brush
For those who have a more severe case of gum disease, the symptoms tend to be more noticeable, such as:
- Foul smelling breath that will not go away
- Gums that have pulled away from your teeth
- Pus emitting from your gums
- Teeth that are loose
- Changes in how your teeth are fitting together whenever you bite down
In our next post we'll tell you aboutDiagnosing Gum Disease
Call Dr Gooch, a Birmingham AL dentist today (205) 545-8001
Related to This
"I have never received such individual attention and care, from the moment I walked in the door through the entire cleaning and exam. A completely comfortable and satisfying experience. I look forward to having Dr. Gooch's team take care of my dental health for years to come."Amber L.